Your Ad Here

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Search for Happiness



Apart from sharing the movie stuff,I always love to share something that inspired me and which might inspire you too..

Recently I read a story which I liked very much.I would like to share it today .

We all strive for this feeling called happiness.We try to seek happiness from whatever we do,wherever we go.One might feel happy if he is busy.other if he sleeps well,Other if he has an workout in gym and there are also few who are happy when some one is unhappy and Many who are never happy.This is story of such unhappy person.

There is a rich guy who have access to all pleasures in the world.He has lots of money,but he is not happy.He could not find out the reason why he is unhappy.One fine day he packs all the treasure he has, in a box and takes that to the saint.He forwards the box over to him and ask him

“Dear Saint!Please take away all my wealth and give me the happiness”

Saint takes that box laughs at him and will run away with the box.

This guy becomes mad.Starts running behind him yelling “What a wrong thing I have done.I have given all my wealth to this bloody saint.He is such an idiot.”

After running for quiet some time,Saint comes and stands there at the place where he started.By the time our rich guy is almost exhausted and he stops before the saint and takes the deep breath. Saint hands him over the box with a smile on his face.

This guy feels very “happy” after seeing his wealth back.At that moment the Saint asks..”Are you happy now.tell me how much happy you are”.Guy replies “I am so happy that I got my wealth back”.

Ok now tell me what you have before you met me and what is that you have now made you happy”

Rich guy has no reply.In fact he had the same box which he bought with him now .

“Yes there is nothing you have new,but you are happy now.Do you agree that this happiness lies with in us.No thing in nature can give or snatch it from us.So stop searching for happiness which already lies within you”

So Don’t you think we need to stop being unhappy and enjoy the life to the fullest..

8 comments:

Mahathi Ramya said...

Good one.. Keep going.. Keep blogging :)

Satish KLV said...

Excellent One Maams. Good Job :)

Unknown said...

Nice One :-)

mastmajum said...

So true... You see... Happiness is like gravity... All you need is little PUSH... :)

Sriharipriya said...

gud one.. really inspiring

Chakri said...

Thank you Ramya,Satish,Dilip,Abhinandan,Hari Priya..
Thanks for the encouragement.
I shall post more of these kind in coming days

Unknown said...

good one..

Hanumu said...

Super boss !! Would love to read more from you !! - A(Arya)Hanuman